Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Time to hunt

It's 6:15 and I have been sucked into Twilight Clue for hours, Emmett was linked wrong blah blah blah. So now comes the dilemma: do I make dinner or order dinner? I'm always up for ordering, saves me time... time I could be spending reading blogs and or playing clue. But the wife has been on my ass about my spending and lack of interest in anything non-twilight related (I don't see the problem but she has been muttering things like "needs help"). So in the interest of saving myself from yet another twilight related argument I have decided to make dinner. I have challenged myself to make dinner (and not just microwave burritos) in 15 minutes. This will be the first TwiCuisine (be gentile with me I've never done this before. Ha haven't said that since.. well nevermind when that was).

First things first you must have a George Foreman grill and microwavable brown rice otherwise it will take longer than 15 minutes.


Shopping List:
1 13.6 oz Bottle teriyaki sauce
2 Boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 c. Broccoli crowns (go ahead and buy the frozen if you want)
1 Small can crushed pineapple
Fresh ginger or ginger paste (you can find it in to produce department)
Red chili flakes
1 Bag shredded carrots (why not save a step?)
Microwaveable brown rice (You can find it at Trader Joe's and Costco)
Garnishes (optional):
Green onions
Black and white sesame seeds
15 minute Chicken Teriyaki

Feeds 2 hungry adults

Ingredients:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 a 13.6 oz bottle teriyaki sauce
1/2 c. crushed pineapple
1/2 Tbs. grated ginger
1/2-1 Tbs. red chili flakes optional if you like it spicy
2 c. broccoli crowns
1/2 c. shredded carrots
2 bowls microwavable brown rice
salt and pepper

Garnishes if you want to make it fancy:
2 green onions sliced
back and white sesame seeds

Directions:

1. Plug in Foreman grill. Place teriyaki sauce, pineapple, ginger and red pepper flakes (optional) in a small sauce pan over med-high heat until it boils then reduce to a simmer stirring occasional.

2. Salt and pepper chicken then place on grill and cook for 7-10 minutes. While chicken is cooking place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with 1/2 c. water and cook on high for 2-4 minutes or until tender then drain.

3. Cook brown rice according to package instructions.

4. Slice cooked chicken.

5. Pour cooked rice onto a plate add chicken and broccoli, top with teriyaki sauce, carrots, and optional garnishes.
It only took 14 minutes!! Now I can go back to twilight clue!!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment