Friday, June 19, 2009

The first step

Hi my name is Audra and I have been dazzled.

I never wanted this to happen to me. I was just living my normal 26 year old life when *smack* Twilight hit me. When the movie came out my mom asked me if I had read the books. My answer: "Oh for fuck sake Mom I'm not a 16 year old who's all wet for that Twilight crap..". In truth I never knew Twilight was there at all.

My life was much simpler in those old days.

As many things go the seed was planted. I saw the movie, it was eh but still my heart started beating for Edward (much to my wife's dismay. Did I mention I'm a lesbian?). I did what a normal 20 something should do, I tried to bury the very wrong feelings I was having for a 17 year old vampire. Yeah like that was going to work.

Then came reasoning, "Only his body is 17 right? Would that hold up in court?"

I was doubtful. So I took the next logical step, I went out and bought the books (Maybe I wouldn't care for them. I could hope right?). Less than a week later (there was one 24 hour reading session in there) I had finished the series. That did it. I was wrong... so wrong. I was addicted. I started watching the movie multiple times a day, reading as many twilight blogs as I could find. I left the house less and less.

The wife wasn't happy.

I stopped cooking, "the economy will get better if people eat out more often. Lets do our part...".

I stopped cleaning "I'm not Martha fucking Stewart. You want clean clothes do some laundry".

Things were getting out of hand. The harder I tried to fight it, the more it pulled me in. I didn't have a chance, I'm not that strong of a person.

So I gave up.

So here I am 9 months later with no hope in sight. I have been pulled under by all things Twilight with no will to ever resurface.








1 comment:

  1. I so feel your pain. And I am also addicted to the boy who plays Edward, which is so inconvenient.
    If you ever resurface and discover a pill or 10 step program for breaking the addiction, gimme a call. And you could make lots of money because there are lots of us out here!

    ReplyDelete